Relationships with subsidiaries, and other legal entities where the Trust is a shareholder or member, can be complicated. Often Trust Secretaries and Directors need support and advice to navigate the rules and regulations for private companies, and to establish frameworks for effective decision making and risk management.
We can help with questions like:
- Is there central knowledge and understanding of the extent of the Trust’s subsidiaries and membership in legal entities?
- Is there understanding about what the Trust’s subsidiary governance framework should look like?
- Is there a framework for nominated directors on the entity boards, which manages conflicts of interest appropriately?
- Is the relationship between the Trust and subsidiaries properly documented in contracts or other agreements?
- Should trust board directors sit on the boards of the commercial entities?
- How we can help
We can undertake a desktop review to identify potential issues, and/or provide detailed advice on any questions you may have (including, but not limited to the questions above), and offer recommendations for action.